CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Our big move...A life changing experience

So, most of you might know that we took a huge leap last year and moved our family from Cincinnati, Ohio (where we grew up and where just about ALL of our family lives) to the Greensboro/ Winston Salem North Carolina area.

At first I was very hesitant and almost against the move. I thought that leaving my family and group of friends would be the end of me and that the kids would have hard time adjusting. Our first trip down to the area gave me hope and promise that everything would work out.

Here we are 6 months later and we couldn't be happier with our decision. Not to say that we don't miss our family and friends back in Cincinnati, but it has been one of the best decisions of our lives. We've learned not to depend on the comfort of what we "know" and to explore the world in front of us. The kids have adjusted tremendously well and have made some great friends. "J" is thriving in school and is on the brink of learning to read by himself. He has a passion for learning and nightly tells us that he wants a bedtime story, but then quickly says that he wants to tell it with his "voice". "L" has made some great friends as well through the aewsome network of moms that is "TriadMommies", specifically the Kville group. She lights up when she sees Rachel, Mallory and "little" Jack!

As for "B" and I, we also have learned to adjust to the "southern" life, we're trying to take things as they come and slow down our pace of life. It's so great that we had a "built in" set of friends that just so happened to live here. Laura and Martin we're such a sigh of relief when we thought we wouldn't know a soul in the area. "B" has made some great friendships at work and loving his job!

I was by far the most hesitant about the journey we were taking and I am so greatful now for "TriadMommies", I have met some of the greatest ladies a girl could ask for. I tell them all the time how much it means to me that they welcomed me into their close circle of friends! There are a few ladies in particular that have made such a difference in these last 6 months. Bri, Jenilyn, MC and Kaylyn have been so wonderful. I don't know what I'd do without their close companionship. Bri is by far my closest friend here, it's so weird how similar we are and how we can finish eachother's sentences. It's so nice to finally have someone to go shopping with, I can leave "B" at home where he really wants to be! Thanks Bri...you're the best!!

So, all in all moving to North Carolina has been a great decision and we wouldn't change a thing!

3 comments:

Unknown

Aww yay! I'm so glad you guys are liking it here! Maybe we'll all move to Charlotte together one day, since you guys miss the big city and Tim wants the big city!! lol :) <3 you Friend!

MADMommy

Aw, Mallory loves seeing "L" too!

Anonymous

Glad we could be here and help you make the transition to Southern life. :-)

Post a Comment